Join us for our next CEU workshop!
Evidence-Based Kinesiology Taping for Pediatrics: Practical and Effective Techniques for Orthopedic, Neurologic, and Genetic Pediatric Disorders
Date and time: December 8th, 8:00am – 3:30pm
Location: Arlington, TX
Presenter: Kristin Sanders, PT, MPT, PCS
Registration Link: https://pediatric-kinesiology-taping-workshop-arlington.eventbrite.com
Kinesiology tape has been utilized since the 1970s as a technique for healing the interconnected body. While often thought of as a treatment for athletes, kinesiology taping is very versatile for many patient populations. The pediatric neuromuscular system benefits from early and continuous input for postural development and motor learning. Therapeutic taping provides an additional modality for optimal results across all pediatric patients.
This hands-on and interactive workshop will empower participants to integrate kinesiology tape into their pediatric practice. Through several lab practices and discussions participants will learn to safely and effectively apply therapeutic tape to multiple areas of the body and improve outcomes in various pediatric conditions. Participants will leave with effective evidence-based kinesiology taping strategies to integrate into their toolbox the next day to improve therapeutic outcomes.
- Implement evidence-based taping techniques with a variety of pediatric clients and diagnoses.
- Explain kinesiology tape to parents/caregivers in order to include this modality in an effective home program.
- Determine when to utilize various types of kinesiology tape.
- Determine the most beneficial and safe taping strategy after a thorough client assessment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of indications and contraindications before applying kinesiology tape to both the upper and lower body.
- Utilize best-practice documentation and billing procedures for reimbursement.